* Ivy has a stubborn bilateral middle ear infection.
* Bet you didn’t see that coming.
* So, in a weird twist of fate, the paed appointment that I was so scared to cancel, has been reopened by the good doctor.
* It’s kind of weird finding yourself in a tizz because the sicky kid, who hasn’t been acutely unwell for months, suddenly is.
*All of this in 45 degree heat.
* No I’m not kidding.
* I am trying hard to remember why I moved to rural NSW, right about now.
* I love Panadol with a Neurofen chaser.
* For the girl, not for me.
* For me, there is chocolate, lots of chocolate.
* I also love air conditioning.
* I have to leave my chocolate and airconditioning behind in a minute
* so I can take some ear swabs into pathology.
* I’m not sure if I can do it.
* Procrastination can be a good thing.
* Sometimes it can increase your serotonin levels
* and keep you cooler for longer.
* That’s not fact.
* I made it up but it sounds good, right?
* I just learned that you can keep ear swabs in the fridge for 12 hours and they’ll still be okay.
* Do you think it might be cooler then?
* Me either.